Please NOTE: Due to the location of our volunteer base, we can only assist homeowners in Chittenden County Vermont:
We are now accepting applications for our Rebuilding Days. If you or someone you know can use our help, please download and complete the application below and return it to us at the address below.
The goal of Rebuilding Together * Greater Burlington is to improve the comfort and safety of homes owned by the elderly, people with disabilities, and working families who otherwise would not be able to have much-needed home repair work done. If you think we might be able to help you or someone you know, please complete our Homeowner Application.
eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must own a home in Chittenden County, Vermont.
- Applicant must own and live in the property where work will be done.
- Applicants must be able to produce their mortgage payment book, deed, or other documents showing ownership, if requested.
- The property is not subject to any pending foreclosure actions or actions to enforce liens.
- Persons residing in your home or visiting on the workday who are physically able will work alongside the volunteers.
ineligible home include:
- Properties located outside Chittenden County, Vermont
- Rental properties
- Household income above federal poverty guidelines
Applications are reviewed by our House Selection Committee. Members of our House Selection and/or Rebuilding Day Committees will visit applicant homes to confirm eligibility and assess work that needs to be done. While we complete major renovations- including replacing roofs, upgrading electrical systems, and many other home improvements- we narrow the scope of the work we undertake to what we believe a team of 10-15 skilled and unskilled volunteers can accomplish in a day. Each year more homeowners request our help than we can actually serve. On average, we renovate approximately 15 homes a year. The number of homes we work on is tied directly to the amount of money we can raise during the year.